A unit test is the smallest testable part of an application like functions, classes, procedures, interfaces. Unit testing is a method by which individual units of source code are tested to determine if they are fit for use.
- Unit tests are basically written and executed by software developers to make sure that code meets its design and requirements and behaves as expected.
- The goal of unit testing is to segregate each part of the program and test that the individual parts are working correctly.
- This means that for any function or procedure when a set of inputs are given then it should return the proper values. It should handle the failures gracefully during the course of execution when any invalid input is given.
- A unit test provides a written contract that the piece of code must assure. Hence it has several benefits.
- Unit testing is basically done before integration.
For any query or issue, feel free to discuss on http://discuss.eduguru.in