1. C is a general purpose programming language. You can generate games, business software, utilities, mathematical models, word processors, spreadsheets and other kinds of software.
2. C is a structured programming language. It uses structured statements such as while, for loops in place of goto statements which cause bugs (error) in the program.
3. System independence- C does not require any services from the operating system, it runs independently. C can run on any operating system.
4. High efficiency- C compilers are generally able to translate source code into efficient machine instructions. C language data and control mechanisms are well matched to most small computers and microcomputers.
5. System programming- C is used for system programming i.e. writing operating systems. The UNIX operating system is also rewritten from C.