How to create free ssl for website
How It Works
- Let’s Encrypt is the first free and open CAWe generate certificates using their ACME server by using domain validation.
- Private Keys are generated in your browser and never transmitted.For browsers which support Web Cryptography (all modern browsers) we generate a private key in your browser using the Web Cryptography API and the private key is never transmitted. The private key also gets deleted off your browser after the certificate is generated. If your browser does not support the Web Cryptography API then the keys will be generated on the server using the latest version of OpenSSL and outputted over SSL and never stored. For the best security you are recommended to use a supported browser for client generation. You can also provide your own CSR when using manual verification in which case the private key is handled completely on your end.
- Free Wildcard SSL CertificatesWildcard certificates allow you to secure any subdomains under a domain. If you wanted to secure any subdomains of example.org that you have now or in the future you can make a wildcard certificate. To generate wildcard certificates add an asterisk to the beginning of the domain(s) followed by a period. Wildcard domains do not secure the root domain so you must re-enter the root domain if you want it also secured under one certificate. For example to create a wildcard domain for example.org enter *.example.org example.org. To create a wildcard certificate for multiple domains such as example.org and example.com enter *.example.org example.org *.example.com example.com. Manual DNS verification will be required.
- Multiple Domains or Subdomains or WildcardsMultiple domains or subdomains are allowed and should be separated by spaces (e.g. “subdomain.domain.com domain.com otherdomain.org *.wildcarddomain.com“). If the multiple domains or subdomains pertain to multiple directories then you must use manual HTTP verification and upload verification files to the correct directories or use DNS verification.
- Prevent WWW from being AddedWe automatically add the www version of the domain to the certificate (the www. domain may need separate certificate installation for it to work) if not already added as most users want that implicitly. To remove the www just submit the domains you want to verify then on the verification page near the top click on “Add / Edit Domains” and remove it and submit again.