What is Security ?
Security is a system to Protected computerized system and its data from Intentional or un-intentional threats or from un-authorized access. Security for information technology (IT) refers to the methods, tools and personnel used to defend an organization’s digital assets. An effective security strategy uses a range of approaches to minimize vulnerabilities and target many types of cyberthreats. Detection, prevention and response to security threats involve the use of Security policies, software tools and IT services.
Define Information Security ?
Information security covers the tools and processes that organizations use to protect information. Information Security is not only about securing information from unauthorized access. It is basically the practice of preventing unauthorized access, use ,disclosure, disruption , modification , inspection , recording or destruction of information. The goal is to ensure the safety and privacy of critical data such as customer account details, financial data or intellectual property.
Type of Information Security ?
There are multiple types of information security and a variety of processes companies can use to keep their information secure and avoid a data breach. They are following as :
- Application Security : Application Security involves enhancing security at the application layer to prevent data breaches and reduce the likelihood of security vulnerabilities. These vulnerabilities may be found in authentication or authorization of users, integrity of code and configurations, and mature policies and procedures.
- Cloud security: Cloud security focuses on building and hosting secure applications in cloud environments and securely consuming third-party cloud applications. Cloud security encompasses securing data across applications, platforms and infrastructure within a cloud environment.
- Cryptography : Encrypting data in transit and data at rest helps ensure data confidentiality and integrity. Digital signatures are commonly used in cryptography to validate the authenticity of data. Cryptography and encryption has become increasingly important.
- Infrastructure security : Infrastructure security refers to physical plant safety and security. Think of physical media — from mobile devices, desktop computers, and servers to entire labs, data centers, and network hubs.
- Vulnerability Management : At the fast pace of business today, things are rapidly changing and systems need frequent reviews and updates. In many networks, businesses are constantly adding applications, users, infrastructure, and so on. For this reason, it is important to constantly scan the network for potential vulnerabilities.