Software Testing has different goals and objectives.The major objectives of Software testing are as follows:
- Finding defects which may get created by the programmer while developing the software.
- Gaining confidence in and providing information about the level of quality.
- To prevent defects.
- To make sure that the end result meets the business and user requirements.
- To ensure that it satisfies the BRS that is Business Requirement Specification and SRS that is System Requirement Specifications.
- To gain the confidence of the customers by providing them a quality product.
Software testing helps in finalizing the software application or product against business and user requirements. It is very important to have good test coverage in order to test the software application completely and make it sure that it’s performing well and as per the specifications.