As a tester, you can follow these five steps to create Test Scenarios-
- Step 1: Read the Requirement Documents like BRS, SRS, FRS, of the System Under Test (SUT). You could also refer uses cases, books, manuals, etc. of the application to be tested.
- Step 2: For each requirement, figure out possible users actions and objectives. Determine the technical aspects of the requirement. Ascertain possible scenarios of system abuse and evaluate users with hacker’s mindset.
- Step 3: After reading the Requirements Document and doing your due Analysis, list out different test scenarios that verify each feature of the software.
- Step 4: Once you have listed all possible Test Scenarios, a Traceability Matrix is created to verify that each & every requirement has a corresponding Test Scenario
- Step 5: The scenarios created are reviewed by your supervisor. Later, they are also reviewed by other Stakeholders in the project.