Validation is determining if the system complies with the requirements and performs functions for which it is intended and meets the organization’s goals and user needs.
- Validation is done at the end of the development process and takes place after verifications are completed.
- It answers the question like: Am I building the right product?
- Am I accessing the right data (in terms of the data required to satisfy the requirement).
- It is a High level activity.
- Performed after a work product is produced against established criteria ensuring that the product integrates correctly into the environment.
- Determination of correctness of the final software product by a development project with respect to the user needs and requirement.