- Requirement gathering and management – While determining test scope and estimating test efforts, the Test Manager should also be aware changes in requirements later into the project, undertaking control activities to incorporate the changes in testing as well. It is advisable to make Technical Test Analysts and Test Analysts a part of the requirement reviews.
- Project Management – Test Manager is responsible for finalizing the test schedule and resource requirement in coordination with Technical Test analyst and Test Analyst and making it available to the Project Manager. If there are any changes in project plan, Project Manager and Test Manager must work together to take up test control activities to incorporate changes in project plan.
- Managing product configuration, release and change – test team led by the Test Manager is responsible for outlining and describing testing processes and methods and define them in test plan. Test Manager may also request the analysts to come up with build verification tests and ascertain version control throughout test implementation.
- Software development and maintenance – Test Manager is responsible for coordinating with Development Managers to deliver test objects – complete with test content and test release dates – and getting involved in defect management.
- Technical support – Test Manager must coordinate with Technical Support Manager to deliver test results accurately during test closure and to review production failures so that improvements in test process may be implemented. The technical support team must be aware of observed failures and their solutions.
- Technical documentation development – Test Manager is responsible for working in coordination with the Technical Documentation Manager to ascertain documents for testing are provided on time and to manage defects pointed out in the documents.
For any query or issue, feel free to discuss on http://discuss.eduguru.in