C language has a rich set of features. These include:
1. There are a small, fixed number of keywords, including a full set of control flow primitives. This means there is not much vocabulary to learn.
2. C is a powerful, flexible language that provides fast program execution and imposes few constraints on the programmer.
3. It allows low level access to information and commands while still retaining the portability and syntax of a high level language. These qualities make it a useful language for both systems programming and general purpose programs.
4. Another strong point of C is its use of modularity. Sections of code can be stored in libraries for re-use in future programs.
5. There are a large number of arithmetical, relational, bitwise and logical operators.
6. All data has a type, but implicit conversions can be performed. User-defined and compound data types are possible.
7. Complex functionality such as I/O, string manipulation, and mathematical functions are consistently delegated to library routines.
8. C is a Structured Compiled language widely used in the development of system software.