Though C language has rich set of features and have enormous advantages, however it suffers from some disadvantages. These include:
1. C does not have OOPS feature.
2. There is no runtime checking in C language.
3. There is no strict type checking.
4. C doesn’t have the concept of namespace.
5. C imposes few constraints on the programmer. The main area this shows up is in C’s lack of type checking. This can be a powerful advantage to an experienced programmer but a dangerous disadvantage to a novice.