You’ll need to:
- Stop Asterisk
- Stop DAHDI
- Unload the driver for your card from the Linux kernel
- Load the driver for your card with the module parameter “vpmsupport=0”.
You can stop Asterisk with the command:
You can stop DAHDI with the command:
In order to find the kernel module that matches your card, search for the knowledgebase article that shows which kernel modules match which hardware cards.
In this case, we’ll assume you have an AEX2400 card. The AEX2400 uses the wctdm24xxp kernel module. Please adjust the instructions below to match your adapter’s driver (e.g. wcte12xp, wct4xxp).
From the Linux command line run the command:
Now that the kernel module has been unloaded, we can load the kernel module with a parameter that disables the echo canceling hardware with this command:
You can verify that the VPM has been disabled after the module has been loaded by running the command:
and checking to see that the last few lines contain something like this:
Note that you should change “wctdm24xxp” to the name of your particular card’s driver (e.g. wcte12xp or wct4xxp). Simply restarting DAHDI will load that change.
- 50cd : Change Directory The cd command, which stands for "change directory", changes the shell's current working directory. It is a builtin command, which means that it is executed directly by your shell, instead of launching an external program. cd is a command-line OS shell commandused to change the current working directory…
- 42SELinux - Security-Enhanced Linux Linux is regarded as one of the most secure operating systems you can use today, that is because of its illustrious security implementation features. For starters, SELinux is described as a mandatory access control (MAC) security structure executed in the kernel. SELinux offers a means of enforcing some security…
- 42What is Asterisk? Asterisk is an open source framework for building communications applications. Asterisk turns an ordinary computer into a communications server. Asterisk powers IP PBX systems, VoIP gateways, conference servers and other custom solutions. It is used by small businesses, large businesses, call centers, carriers and government agencies, worldwide.…