You’ll need to:
- Stop Asterisk
- Stop DAHDI
- Unload the driver for your card from the Linux kernel
- Load the driver for your card with the module parameter “vpmsupport=0”.
You can stop Asterisk with the command:
You can stop DAHDI with the command:
In order to find the kernel module that matches your card, search for the knowledgebase article that shows which kernel modules match which hardware cards.
In this case, we’ll assume you have an AEX2400 card. The AEX2400 uses the wctdm24xxp kernel module. Please adjust the instructions below to match your adapter’s driver (e.g. wcte12xp, wct4xxp).
From the Linux command line run the command:
Now that the kernel module has been unloaded, we can load the kernel module with a parameter that disables the echo canceling hardware with this command:
You can verify that the VPM has been disabled after the module has been loaded by running the command:
and checking to see that the last few lines contain something like this:
Note that you should change “wctdm24xxp” to the name of your particular card’s driver (e.g. wcte12xp or wct4xxp). Simply restarting DAHDI will load that change.
- 42What is Asterisk? Asterisk is an open source framework for building communications applications. Asterisk turns an ordinary computer into a communications server. Asterisk powers IP PBX systems, VoIP gateways, conference servers and other custom solutions. It is used by small businesses, large businesses, call centers, carriers and government agencies, worldwide.…
- 39How to Reinstall or upgrade the Dahdi driver to Latest version Step 1 Uninstall all the dahdi modules installed Login to Server via ssh (putty) First check the dahdi modules installed by running below command lsmod | grep dahdi Now uninstall all the modules listed by above command modprobe -r…
- 38What is a process? Except the kernel, Everything on a Linux system runs in the context of a process. Process can be loosely defined as a running program. Every process on a Linux system has a unique Process ID (PID). Users and programs use this PID to communicate with the…